The 2016 Saltist is a series of robust but versatile spinning reels that start from size 2500 to 8000. Designed specifically for saltwater use, the reels in this series come packed with Daiwa’s latest technological advancements and features that translates into a fishing reel that not only exudes quality in design appearance, but feels precisely engineered, solid in feel and silky smooth in movement.
Incorporating Daiwa’s state-of-the-art reel technology, each 2016 Saltist comprises the following features:
- MagsealedShaft, and Magsealed Line Roller - a magnetic seal formed from the use of a membrane of magnetic lubrication and magnets to create a saltwater barrier to reduce water penetration into the moving parts (shaft housing, bearings and line roller) of the reel. Being magnetized this lubrication system reduces any friction, minimise dust intrusion whilst eliminates oil spray and improving the life expectancy of the reel.
- ATD (Automatic Tournament Drag) - A redesigned spool support that increases the support of the spool across the entire length of the main shaft that helps to dissipate drag washer pressure more efficiently to reduce pulsing of the drag when fighting fish.
- Zaion - A high density carbon composite material that is used in the reel’s rotor construction, that has the same strength as magnesium, is 20% stronger than Nylon/ABS material and is 50% lighter than Aluminium.
- Air Bail - A one piece construction hollow tubular stainless steel bail arm for maximum rigidity and strength with minimum weight. With no protrusions, slack line from a cast, falls effortlessly, down the bail onto the line roller as the rotor is turned, without snagging or hanging up.
- Digigear II - A perfectly milled gearing system, whose gear teeth design and finish, enable extraordinary smooth running, with the least resistance with a long life span.
- Air Rotor - A redesigned rotor system that is 15% lighter in weight with a lower centre of gravity to improve the dissipation of line pressure on the rotor.
- ABS II - An anti-backlash system that comprises a re-designed feature of the spool that allows line to peel away in larger loops when casting to prevent backlash, which translates to improved casting distance.